Cycling the Best of Champagne
Cycle from Reims to Epernay with different options for 5 days
Visit vineyards and wineries along the way
This exciting, 5-day cycling tour will take you to the very best of the Champagne region. Explore the cities of Reims and Epernay, the main places of Champagne production. In Reims, you have 3 available cycling options depending on your level. Discover the countryside of Champagne and cycle along the forests and vineyards or cycle to Massif Saint Thierry and other surrounding villages. In Epernay, you have several options to explore the city. Visit more wine cellars and sleepy villages in this route.
This tour is available daily from January to December.
Arrival in Reims. Make your own way to your hotel. Remainder of day at your leisure.
On this first day, you have 3 options to choose from, depending on the level you are looking for (the group rides altogether on one of these):
- The easiest option (36 km or 22 mi) is a short one taking you through the countryside of Champagne, forests and of course vineyards. With that option, you have enough time to get back to Reims and visit the city some more.
- The moderate option (45 km or 28 mi) takes you to Massif Saint Thierry and the surrounding villages, many of which closely related to the coronation of many kings of France.
- The longest option (54 km or 34 mi) is reserved for stronger cyclist and will include a few more miles than the moderate option with lots of peaceful scenery, vineyards and small villages.
Return to Reims in the afternoon.
After breakfast, you leave Reims and head towards the 'Mountain of Reims'. Today's itinerary includes a steep climb halfway through so pace yourself! You will have several opportunities to visit vineyards along the way.
Loop ride around Epernay. Today, you will again have 2 itinerary options.
- The first one (42 km or 26 mi) takes you through the Vallee de la Marne where you can visit more cellars and stunning views of the valley. Don't miss 'La maison Champenoise' where you can visit this house built in 1642. With only 4 rooms but considered big in the 1900s, it shows how the locals lived. You can also visit an old distillery at 'La Goutte', and on the way, you can stop in Chatillon sur Marne, birth place of Pope Urbain II. At the foot of its statue, you can enjoy a panoramic view of 22 villages of the Marne Valley.
- Second itinerary option (48 km or 30 mi) will bring you South of Epernay to the Cote des Blancs. This route will lead you through charming wine growing villages, which are for the most part classified as producing 100% 'Blanc de Blancs' champagne. The area owes its name to its slopes, being mainly planted with vines giving white grapes (chardonnay).
Return to Epernay. Dinner on your own.
Enjoy breakfast at your hotel. End of services.
per person, twin share
Signup to view brochure
This tour is suitable for a hobby or active level of cycling experience with some typically hilly terrain.
Prefer speaking on the phone?
Our Destination Experts are ready to take your call and help you plan out your perfect holiday. Let us offer you expert advice, handy tips, and friendly service.Meet our france destination experts
You might also like
Fall in love with Languedoc’s countryside as you cycle from Toulouse to Montpellier following the Canal du Midi during this enthralling, 7-day cycling tour.
Discover the sun-kissed region of Languedoc during this exciting, 7-day cycling tour from the fortified city of Carcassonne to the port city of Sete.
Discover the scenic coastline of Brittany during this soul-stirring, 4-day cycling tour. Your adventure starts in the walled city of Saint Malo and finishes in the beautiful island of Mont Saint-Michel, home to the famous Mont Saint-Michel Abbey.
Discover the beautiful landscape and breathtaking castles of Loire Valley during this classic, 5-day cycling tour from Amboise to Cheverny. The terrain is wonderful for bicycle riding - mostly flat to rolling - and is filled with rivers, trees, and colors.
Alsace cycling travel is a unique experience as you explore a part of the region that is nestled between the beautiful Vosges mountains in France and the borders of Germany and Switzerland, Alsace is a region rich in tradition.
Explore two of the most breathtaking wine regions of France, Alsace and Burgundy, during this immersive, 7-day food and wine package.
Dig into the irresistible charm of Alsace, a small region that's big on diversity. From culture, to history, to food and wines, Alsace is never short of surprises to delight your mind, body and soul. Come join this incredible tour!