“The Canadian”, VIA’s flagship train travels between Vancouver and Toronto across the Canadian Rockies, the wide open prairies and the Northern Ontario lakelands. Experience the romance of the rails and spectacular scenery from the comfort and elegance of the restored art-deco surroundings. Discover the magic of landcruising in Sleeper Touring class. Privileges include fine dining, a choice of comfortable accommodation, a shower in each sleeping car and exclusive use of the Park and Skyline Cars lounges and domes. Year-round the Skyline Car is transformed into a family-oriented Activity car. Meals are included for the Sleeper Plus class.
Board VIA Rail's "The Canadian" for an unforgettable train journey! Pass through Vancouver's eastern suburbs and into British Columbia's agricultural heartland. Take in the stunning views of the Fraser Canyon as the train winds its way through the Cascade and Coast Mountains perched alongside the mighty Fraser River and past the raging rapids of Hell's Gate. Ride through golden prairie fields, rugged lake country, waterfalls, picturesque towns and the snowy peaks of the majestic Rockies. Take in the view of Mt. Robson, the tallest peak in the Canadian Rockies.
By day, rest comfortably in an armchair while enjoying the spectacular views of the landscape rolling by. Each spacious bedroom has private toilet facilities, a sink, a mirror, razor outlet, small closet, large window with blind and locking door. A shower, just a few steps away from the bedrooms and berths, is reserved for sleeper plus class passengers. Complimentary shower towels and an amenity bag for body care articles are provided. At night, your armchair will be converted into a cozy bed equipped with a reading light. Pillows, sheets and blankets are provided.
Overnight onboard the VIA Rail Canadian Train in a Private Cabin.
The original stainless steel "streamliner" railcars, made famous by the "Canadian" in the 1950's, are totally refurbished with air conditioning. Relax in the dome car and experience stunning 360-degree views (available on certain departures only). Follow the Athabasca River out of the Canadian Rockies to enter the Great Central Plains of Canada, stretching east for a thousand miles through Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. The plains are the "bread basket" of Canada and home to huge ranches and wheat farms spread across this vast landscape. After departing the City of Winnipeg, the prairies give way to the rugged, forested landscape of Northern Ontario and the Canadian Shield. The Canadian Shield is vast layer of exposed, pre Cambrian rocks that are over 500 million years old, dotted with thousands of lakes, covering hundreds of thousands of square kilometres rich in nickel, copper, gold, and other precious minerals.
Get to know Canada on another level with freshly prepared meals showcasing Canadian and regional cuisine. Prepared by VIA Rail's very own chefs.
Overnights onboard the VIA Rail Canadian Train in a Private Cabin.
Turning south at Sudbury for Southern Ontario, the rail line skirts the shores of Georgian Bay before arriving in Toronto, Canada's largest city.
Sleeper Plus offers the added comfort of amenities, great service and your choice of a cosy cabin. The show continues inside the train with wine tastings, presentations, musical acts on certain departures, access to lounges and cars with glass ceilings. Inside the dining car, enjoy freshly cooked meals, regional specialties, Canadian wines and stunning views.
per person, twin share
- International airfares and taxes
- Domestic airfares and taxes, unless otherwise specified in our holiday package
- Visa expenses, processing and issuance fees
- Meals other than as specified in our holiday package
- Travel Insurance or expenses of a personal nature (mini-bar, phone call, laundry, etc.),
- Tips or gratuities to guides, drivers, porters, hotel, restaurant or boat staff, etc.
- Or any other travel expense that has not been included in our holiday package
- Please note that this product is not part of our flexible booking policy as the supplier terms and conditions apply. Our team will advise of the exact booking conditions at the time of booking.
Please note that pricing is based on a “from price” which varies on each departure and is subject to change without notice. Please contact our friendly team for exact pricing, availability, and upgrade options.
Entire Travel Group is celebrating 50 years of passionately delivering unique and memorable travel experiences. We are an Australian, family owned, award winning business, with a friendly team ready to match your expectations to the perfect holiday package.
Entire Travel Group used to be known by the individual brands shown in the footer of the website. The company has not changed, but we have amalgamated under one brand - Entire Travel Group.
For more details please visit - About Us | Entire Travel Group
Well, put simply - we’re famous for building things. We offer an exclusive range of pre-designed, purpose-built, independent holiday packages full of unique and memorable experiences. The packages are delivered by our global network of handpicked suppliers, who also provide on ground travel support to our clients.
Entire Travel Group is proudly Australian family owned and operated and as it stands today represents 50 years of experience, progress, and evolution. We proudly support the community with our long-term commitment to many important charity organisations. We were awarded the best operator in our class at the most recent National Travel Industry Awards.
Entire Travel Group is ATAS Accredited. ATAS, which stands for AFTA Travel Accreditation Scheme is administered by the Australian Federation of Travel Agents (AFTA). AFTA is the industry body for the Australian retail travel industry. We are also a registered member of the Council of Australian Tour Operators (CATO).
Entire Travel Group was awarded “Best Specialty Wholesaler” at the 2019 National Travel Industry Awards (NTIA), which are held annually by the Australian Federation of Travel Agents (AFTA).
The awards recognise quality and excellence in the Australian travel industry. We were extremely honoured to receive this recognition and we will continue to deliver the best service and value to our customers.
In some cases, we are the sole representative in Australia for the overseas travel operator. In other circumstances the product developed has been exclusively built for Entire Travel Group and can’t be found elsewhere.
- They are not group tours with set departures - they are pre-designed, purpose built, independent holiday packages full of unique and memorable experiences.
- Our holiday packages have been exclusively built for us in collaboration with our handpicked suppliers, who also offer full on-ground support for the clients.
- We are offering unique travel experiences which cannot be found elsewhere.
- Many packages include our “Freedom of Choice” options which allow you to tailor the holiday experience. Like a sommelier matching wine to a meal, we have used our experience to carefully select and offer the right experiences in each location.
- They include our Peace of Mind Booking Plan.
- A wide selection of our packages are compliant with the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) Covid Safe Travels.
Our motto for Independent Holiday Packages is start your holiday when and with who you want!
Our Independent Holiday Packages are NOT group tours with set departure dates. Group Tours have specific set departure dates, and of course, you are travelling with unknown passengers in a coach. These tours are great for certain travellers and there are many reputable tour operators providing a wide range of options around the world.
At Entire Travel Group, our focus is Independent Holiday Packages. Available daily, they are pre-designed, purpose built, packaged itineraries full of memorable experiences delivered by our hand-picked local partners.
Our holidays suit every demographic, from couples to singles, to retirees to families and everyone else in between.
Of all the attributes Entire Travel Group offer - we have settled on “Experience” as the one quality we believe adds the most value to our customers. That’s how our tagline “When Experience Matters” came to life and encapsulates our business in three words, as experience does matter!
We have been operating for many years and have the experience to determine what sightseeing, duration and accommodation style makes a great itinerary. Our technology is continually enhanced, giving our team the ability to provide a great customer service experience. Our relationship with our operators is extremely strong, which ensures we are confident of the travel experience and on ground support for our clients.
For more details please visit - About Us | Entire Travel Group
Our Peace of Mind Booking Plan allows you to book with confidence in the new international travel environment. With low deposits, a cooling off period and a flexibility period where you can cancel and rebook later, we really do have you covered.
For more details please visit - Peace of Mind Booking Plan | Entire Travel Group
Look for packages with our Peace of Mind Booking Plan logo on the website.
- We understand that occasionally plans may change, so we give you the confidence to proceed with a cooling off period.
- You may cancel for any reason within 7 days, where you will receive a 100% refund of your $100 per person deposit.
For more details please visit - Peace of Mind Booking Plan | Entire Travel Group
At Entire Travel Group we understand that our customers have their own personal tastes and interests - so throughout our packages look for “Freedom of Choice” which gives you the ability to tailor your holiday from the various experiences offered on selected days. Like a sommelier matching wine to a meal, we have used our experience to carefully select and offer the right experiences in each location.
The Freedom of Choice options are included in the package price, and the price remains the same regardless of the choice you make on each day.
For more details please visit - Freedom of Choice | Entire Travel Group
Our Freedom of Choice program offers flexibility, by allowing you to choose from different options on pre-selected days in the itinerary.
- Our per person price includes one tour on each Freedom of Choice day in the itinerary.
- The price of the package remains the same regardless of the choice you make on each day.
This specially designed program allows travellers to recognise governments and companies around the world who have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols, so consumers can experience “Safe Travels”.
For more details please visit - Safe Travels Stamp | Entire Travel Group
Book Now offers you the ability to make a reservation on our website for Holiday Packages that include our Peace of Mind Booking Plan. But it’s not just a static offer – you have complete flexibility from travel dates, passenger numbers, single supplements, room upgrades, optional extras, flexible booking terms and more.
- Our team will contact our overseas suppliers and confirm all arrangements.
- A Confirmation from our reservation system will be sent in the coming days.
- The Booking Number on this confirmation supersedes the website reference.
- To confirm a booking using our on-line Book Now process, a credit card must be used to pay the refundable deposit.
- For additional payments on the booking, Entire Travel Group supports bank transfer, credit card, TravelPay B2B, PaymentGate.
- For further details please visit our Payments page.
- Entire Travel Group have partnered with TravelPay to ensure secure on-line credit card payments.
- TravelPay is a level 1 PCI DSS compliant, which gives you peace of mind that your payment card data is in safe hands.
- Entire Travel Group does not store any credit card information.
For more details please visit - Security and Compliance - TravelPay
On some Islands Holiday Packages (e.g. Fiji), it is practical to include flights, so where we have done this it is indicated by the plane icon.
However, on the majority of our Holiday Packages, we do not include international flights.
We found that many customers may prefer to:
- Travel on a specific airline of their choice
- Have the flexibility to book flights with Frequent Flyer points
- Select flight dates that may be different to our Holiday Package start/end dates
- Use a Travel Credit already held with the airline
- Use their travel agent for this service
We are able to assist with flights on any Holiday Package, so please just notify us during the Book Now process or contact our team.
If a package on our website does not include our Peace of Mind Booking Plan, it will not be available to Book Now.
Due to the boutique nature and limited capacity of some travel experiences offered, they have strict payment and cancellation policies. (e.g., a remote bear lodge in Canada with only a few cabins).
Although technically possible, we have decided that it is impractical for us to try and sell these type of travel services on-line. We believe it is important that such product is discussed, so that we can ensure these strict payment and cancellation policies are understood before we proceed with a booking.
For such product we may act as an agent only for the principal suppliers. Where we act as agent, your contract for the delivery of travel arrangements will be with the principal supplier and will be subject to their Booking Conditions.
We will advise you prior to confirming your booking if we are acting as agent and we will confirm the details of the principal supplier. Our responsibility to you where we sell travel arrangements as agent for the supplier is specified in the ‘Responsibility’ section of our Booking Conditions.
Travel insurance is strongly recommended. During the Book Now process please confirm you require assistance, and our team will be in contact with you.
Before you travel it is your responsibility to ensure you have the appropriate documentation including visas. If you are travelling on a passport other than Australian or New Zealand, you will require a permit to re-enter Australia. It is your responsibility as the traveller and/or travel booker to meet all government entry requirements.
For more information please visit - Before you travel | Entire Travel Group
Please visit the Entire Travel Group's Agent Portal. We are here to support our industry partners with a range of informative updates, marketing collateral for campaigns and a reward & recognition program.
How do I start a Booking?
- On any page that has Book Now simply follow the booking process.
- You must select the Travel Agent tick box and provide correct details.
- To confirm a booking only the refundable deposit is required.
- An agency credit card must be used for this initial payment.
For more information please visit - Contact us | Entire Travel Group