Wildlife Tour & Holiday Packages
Set off on a journey to the heart of the Canadian and Alaskan wilderness, where the splendour of wildlife awaits you. Witness the raw power of grizzly bears in British Columbia, the elegance of orcas off Vancouver Island and the diversity of Denali’s wildlife. In the Great Bear Rainforest, search for the mystical spirit bear, and in Churchill, encounter the majestic polar bears. These regions are a haven for nature enthusiasts, offering a profound communion with nature and its inhabitants.
Our wildlife holiday packages offer a rare glimpse into the most majestic creatures on the planet. Discover curated experiences that suit your interests with help from Entire Travel Group!
A Guide to Wildlife Travel & Holiday Packages
Our all-in-one wildlife deals and packages are your gateway to extraordinary animal encounter experience. Find the holiday that resonates with you:
Choosing the Perfect Destination
Selecting the ideal destination for your wildlife adventure is key to a memorable experience. The untouched wilderness of Canada and Alaska offers a rare chance to witness wildlife in its natural splendour.
In Canada, the Pacific Rim National Park is a coastal treasure where the ocean meets the rainforest, and the quaint town of Tofino is a haven for whale watchers. Venture to the Port of Churchill, known as the 'Polar Bear Capital of the World,' for close encounters with these magnificent creatures in their natural habitat.
Answer the call of the wild in Alaska’s rugged frontiers. Denali National Park presents opportunities to spot the 'Big Five' of Alaskan wildlife, while Kenai Fjords teems with marine life. Glacier Bay National Park offers a spectacle of calving glaciers alongside a rich marine ecosystem. Further inland, Kluane National Park in Yukon is a sanctuary for grizzlies, caribou, and golden eagles, set against a backdrop of dramatic mountain ranges.
Benefits of Booking Wildlife Holiday Packages
Booking one of our curated wildlife adventure trips offers the following benefits:
- Guided Expertise: Access experienced guides for a more sustainable and informed wildlife spotting tour.
- Exclusive Access: Visit secluded habitats that independent travellers can't.
- Safety and Convenience: Enjoy pre-arranged accommodations and transport in wild areas.
- Conservation-Focused: Participate in ethical wildlife encounters that support conservation.
- Educational Experiences: Learn about wildlife and their ecosystems while on holiday.
- Customised Itineraries: Tailor your wildlife adventure to suit your interests.
- Photo Opportunities: Capture exceptional wildlife moments with optimal viewing itineraries.
Our wildlife and safari tour packages offer a comprehensive, ethical and educational approach to wildlife tourism.
Activities and Excursions
The activities and excursions offered in our wildlife packages promise a full immersion in the natural wonders of the North. Here’s a snapshot of what you can expect:
- Whale Watching: Set sail on a voyage to witness the majestic dance of whales in their natural environment.
- Polar Bear Encounters: Journey to the heart of polar bear country for an up-close experience with these Arctic giants.
- Hiking and Biking: Traverse diverse landscapes on foot or by bike, taking in the beauty of the rugged terrain.
- Diverse Wildlife Sightings: Get the chance to encounter ice bears, wolves, moose and an array of Arctic wildlife.
- Stargazing and Aurora Borealis: Watch the night sky light up with stars and the Northern Lights.
- Educational Guided Tours: Learn about wildlife and their habitats from knowledgeable guides.
- Tundra Buggy Adventures: Explore the tundra in a specialised vehicle designed for optimal wildlife viewing.
- Horseback Riding: Experience the thrill of horseback riding along renowned backcountry trails.
- Grizzly Bear Viewing: See grizzly bears living freely in their natural surroundings.
Tips for Booking the Best Package
When selecting the ideal wildlife holiday package, it's important to research destinations and read reviews for a well-informed choice. Ensure clarity on package inclusions to avoid unexpected expenses, and confirm the tour operator's reputation and commitment to responsible tourism. Review the itinerary for a good balance of activities and downtime, book early for popular destinations and feel free to reach out to your provider with any questions or specific requests.
Preparing for a wildlife holiday requires thoughtful consideration of what to pack to ensure a comfortable and enjoyable experience. Here are some essentials:
- Appropriate Clothing: Depending on your destination's climate, pack clothing suitable for various weather conditions. Layering options are key for fluctuating temperatures.
- Durable Footwear: Comfortable and sturdy footwear is vital for walking or hiking in different terrains.
- Optics: Enhance your wildlife viewing experience with binoculars or a camera equipped with a good zoom lens to capture distant sights.
- Sun Protection: Protect yourself from harsh sun exposure with sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat.
- Insect Repellent: A handy must-have in any wilderness adventure, insect repellent can safeguard against mosquito bites.
- Reusable Water Bottle: Stay hydrated throughout your adventure while reducing plastic waste.
- First-Aid Kit: Carry a basic first-aid kit in case of minor injuries or ailments.
- Documentation: Keep your travel documents, insurance and emergency contact information readily accessible.
Featured Wildlife Tour & Holiday Packages Experiences
Frequently Asked QuestionsView All
What are wildlife packages, and what do they typically include?
Wildlife packages typically include guided tours in natural habitats, accommodations, some meals and transportation. They offer opportunities for animal sightings and educational experiences about local ecosystems.
How can I find the best wildlife packages?
To find the ideal wildlife package, focus on comparing different options to see which aligns best with your interests and expectations. Ensure the package includes all essentials such as accommodation and guided tours for a comprehensive experience. It's also crucial to read reviews and verify the credibility of tour operators to guarantee a high-quality and enriching wildlife adventure.
Are wildlife packages suitable for families with children?
Absolutely! Many wildlife packages are family-friendly and offer educational and engaging activities suitable for children, making them a great option for family holidays.
What are some popular destinations for wildlife tours and packages?
In Canada and Alaska, specific destinations stand out for their exceptional wildlife tours and packages:
Denali National Park: Famous for its 'Big Five' – grizzly bears, wolves, moose, caribou and Dall sheep.
Kenai Fjords National Park: A marine wonderland where you can spot whales, sea otters and a variety of seabirds.
Katmai National Park: Renowned for bear viewing, especially at Brooks Falls.
Churchill, Manitoba: Known as the 'Polar Bear Capital of the World', it's also a great place to see beluga whales and the northern lights.
Great Bear Rainforest, British Columbia: A unique ecosystem home to the elusive spirit bear, along with grizzlies, wolves and eagles.
Banff and Jasper National Parks in Alberta: Offering sightings of elk, black bears and bighorn sheep amidst stunning mountain scenery.
Each of these destinations provides unique wildlife viewing opportunities set against some of North America's most breathtaking landscapes.
How do I book a wildlife package and make reservations?
You can book through travel agencies, directly with tour operators or online platforms specialising in wildlife tours such as Entire Travel Group. It’s advisable to book in advance, especially for popular destinations.
Are there any special safety guidelines for wildlife tours?
Yes, always follow your guide's instructions, keep a safe distance from animals, stay on designated paths and avoid loud noises or sudden movements. Safety briefings are a standard part of these tours.