Barge Cruising & Holiday Packages
Life on board a barge cruise is slow paced and relaxing as you cruise the canals of Europe. Whichever barge you choose to cruise on, you can rest assured that a lot of thought and care has gone into combining traditional features with modern comfort. Every cruise itinerary includes exciting daily excursions. Visit local places of interest such as Châteaux, villages, markets, wineries or hidden gems off the beaten track.
Barge Cruising: Explore Europe’s Tranquil Canals
Discover the unique charm of barge cruises with Entire Travel Group. Set off on a tranquil journey through Europe’s scenic canals, where each stop leads to authentic and bespoke experiences. Your days begin with serene views of the countryside and unfold with leisurely explorations of quaint villages and regional culinary delights.
Entire Travel Group offers bespoke barge cruising packages, perfect for those seeking a more personal and immersive travel experience. With small guest numbers, our cruises ensure a cosy and intimate setting. Sail through France's Canal du Midi or Italy's Po Delta, and enjoy a journey tailored to your interests, complete with exclusive excursions and local experiences.
Barge cruising is an opportunity to slow down and truly connect with your destination, far from the typical tourist track. It's a journey that combines relaxation, cultural exploration, and luxury in a way that is both exclusive and authentic.
Popular Barge Cruise Destinations
Let Entire Travel Group take you on a journey beyond the ordinary with luxury barge cruises through Europe's picturesque landscapes.
- France: Barge cruises in France offer a unique way to explore the country's rich landscape and heritage. Discover the beauty of Burgundy with its sprawling vineyards and historic chateaux while indulging in fine wines and gourmet dining. The Canal du Midi invites you with stories of Renaissance and charming riverbank towns.
- Italy: Journey through the Po Delta, rich with Roman history, lush landscapes, and delicious local cuisine. Experience Venice's enchanting canals and explore Padua's artistic heritage.
Amenities and Services
On your luxury barge cruise with Entire Travel Group, you'll find a unique blend of comfort and personalised experiences. Far from the crowds and generic offerings, our cruises focus on creating a cosy, intimate atmosphere.
- Gourmet Dining: Enjoy meals prepared by Michelin-starred chefs, featuring local ingredients, with the option to dine al fresco under the stars.
- Luxurious Cabins: Relax in spacious, en-suite cabins with plush linens and premium amenities.
- Peaceful Leisure Options: Spend time sunbathing on the deck, reading in the lounge, or indulging in spa treatments.
- Active Exploration: Cycle through picturesque villages, join guided excursions to historic sites, and visit vibrant local markets.
- Evening Entertainment: Participate in game nights, enjoy local cultural performances, or unwind with a book in the library.
- Modern Conveniences: Stay connected with complimentary Wi-Fi, and enjoy the seamless blend of modern amenities and the charm of river cruising.
Each aspect of your journey with Entire Travel Group is meticulously designed to offer a luxurious, memorable, and deeply personal travel experience.
Barge Cruising vs. River Cruising
A barge cruise and a river cruise share similarities in their relaxed atmosphere and often visit the same major ports, but there are key differences:
- Size and Speed: Barge cruises are smaller and slower, usually carrying 12-24 passengers and cruising at less than 4 miles per hour, while river cruises can have around 200 passengers and travel at about 11 miles per hour.
- Scenery and Pace: Barge cruises provide a leisurely way to enjoy the countryside and landscapes at a comfortable pace, often moving slower than walking speed. This slower movement means visiting fewer ports but allows more time to savour the views.
- Intimacy and Interaction: With fewer passengers, barge cruises offer a more intimate experience and closer interaction with the crew. They are great for small groups or families, fostering a sociable atmosphere.
- Cuisine: On barge cruises, meals are typically prepared by the captain or local chefs, ensuring fresh, locally-sourced ingredients and authentic regional flavours. The smaller scale allows for more personalised and gourmet dining experiences.
- Cabin Size: Barge cabins are generally smaller than those on river cruises. It's important to request specific accommodations, like a double or queen bed, for a comfortable stay.
These distinctions make each type of cruise unique, catering to different preferences in travel style and experiences.
Barge Cruising Tips & Advice
To help you maximise your barge cruise holiday, here are some handy tips and advice:
- Embrace intimacy: With a small group of fellow travellers, be prepared for close quarters and friendly interactions. Pack your open mind and willingness to connect, as conversations and shared experiences are inevitable and enhance the charm.
- Plan for excursions: Research and pre-book shore excursions if there are specific experiences you don't want to miss. Some barge cruises include excursions, while others allow for independent exploration.
- Relax and unplug: Barge cruising is about slowing down and appreciating the journey. Leave the hustle and bustle behind, disconnect from digital distractions, and immerse yourself in the scenery and local culture.
- Engage with the crew: The crew are your onboard experts and often locals. Don't hesitate to ask questions about the region, hidden gems, or recommendations for local specialties.
- Embrace the local culture: Learn a few basic phrases in the local language, try local dishes, and participate in cultural activities offered by the barge.
By following these tips and advice, you can ensure a smooth and enjoyable barge cruise experience.