When to visit
High Season (Jun–Aug)
- Warm weather and sunshine prevail; far northern regions briefly unfreeze.
- Tourism peak season
- December through March is busy and expensive in ski resort towns as well
Shoulder (May, Sep & Oct)
- Less crowds and prices drop off.
- Temperatures are cool but still comfortable.
- Attractions keep shorter hours.
- Fall foliage areas (eg Cape Breton Island and Québec) remain busy.
Low Season (Nov–Apr)
- Places outside the big cities and ski resorts close.
- Darkness and winter cold take over.
- April and November are particularly good for travel deal