Vanuatu Travel & Holiday Packages
Welcome to Vanuatu! An archipelago nation of 83 islands dotted across a marine wonderland of natural beauty, enjoys a traditional life rather removed from the western world.
Relax on pristine beaches and take a dip in the warm waters of the Pacific Ocean or be enticed by serene swimming holes amongst lush jungles. Visit friendly neighbouring villages and embrace the culture of their community life. Vanuatu is a natural paradise ready to be explored.
The island of Efate, home to the capital Port Vila, features varied landscapes of rugged coastlines, vast countryside, impressive waterfalls, stunning sandy bays and lagoons. Port Vila is set around a natural harbour and offers a range of exciting activities such as ziplining, hiking and snorkelling. Connect with the friendly locals by watching a cultural show, sampling fresh produce or purchasing handcrafted souvenirs at the local markets.
Tanna exudes traditional Melanesian culture (Kastom) and is known as the island of adventure. This charming island is teeming with a diverse range of spectacular sites around every corner. The iconic Mt Yasur is the world’s most accessible active volcano and is an impressive site to behold. A snorkelling adventure to the hidden grotto of the Blue Cave is a truly breathtaking experience and not to be missed. Marvel at the giant Banyan Tree, take in the “Kastom” at local villages, and explore hot springs and secluded beaches.
Espiritu Santo, Vanuatu's largest Island, is renowned for its world-class diving, spectacular blue swimming holes, fine white sandy beaches and lush jungles. Experience adventure, history, Melanesian culture and bare-foot-luxury on this extraordinary island. A diver’s paradise, explore various wreck sites including the legendary SS President Coolidge. Sip some bubbles on Champagne Beach or take a hike through dense jungle and cool off in the iridescent blue swim holes.
When to visit
Vanuatu enjoys endless sunshine year-round thanks to its sub-tropical climate. Mild temperatures and clear blue skies are typical throughout the year and swimming is also pleasant with sea temperatures varying between 22-28°C.
- The Winter season, April to September, is a cooler, drier period with an average temperature of 26°C. It is generally a popular time to travel, especially for Australians escaping the colder winter season.
- The Summer season, November to March, can be hot, wet and humid with an average temperature of 28°C. These months are part of the tropical cyclone season however, most resorts are located in the southern region of Vanuatu which benefits from less extreme climate conditions and generally experiences less rain and humidity. December-January can be quite busy due to the extended Summer holidays in Australia & New Zealand.
Some popular Vanuatu Packages
- The currency in Vanuatu is Vatu. $1AUD equates to approximately 80 Vatu.
- Most resorts accept major credit cards. ATM’s and foreign exchange services are available in Port Vila and Luganville.
- Tipping is not required and goes against local tradition, as does bargaining. A simple smile or “thank you” is sufficient.
- The electricity plugs are similar to Australia & New Zealand, running on 230V three-pronged plugs
- Light-weight casual clothing during the day is recommended. During the cooler months a cardigan or jacket may be required during the evening. Pack a water-proof jacket if travelling in the wetter months.
- Vanuatu’s town water supply is safe to drink however, if intending to travel to the outer islands bottled water is recommended. Bottled water should ideally be purchased in Port Vila or Luganville as supplies in the outer islands are limited.
- There are over 120 distinct languages and many more dialects spoken in Vanuatu however the three ‘official’ languages are English, French & Bislama. Bislama is ‘pidgin English’ with a few French words.
Australian passport holders do not currently require a visa for a stay as a tourist of up to 30 days but must hold a passport with six months validity from date of entry to Vanuatu. A confirmed on-ward or returned ticket is also required as well as sufficient funds. If you are a non-Australian passport holder, please check your visa requirements with the appropriate Embassy or Consular office.
Air Vanuatu is the national airline and operates domestic flights throughout the islands. The main routes connecting Port Vila with Santo & Tanna utilise comfortable ATR-72 aircraft. Beyond these routes, flights are operated by smaller aircraft with no assigned seating, and land on grass runways with no airport facilities.
Banana boats are regularly used to travel from larger to smaller islands. For longer journeys, time permitting, a trip on one of the boats of cargo vessels offers a different perspective, viewing a range of landscapes and experiencing a different side of Vanuatu culture.
In Port Vila, the buses are mini vans which seat approximately 10 people. There is an ample amount within the city and the license plates start with a “B”. Buses are used by locals, but considered to be very friendly, cheap and easy to use by tourists. Luganville has comparatively fewer buses but there are many taxis available which are reasonable in price.
Taxis are plentiful within Port Vila. The licence plates start with a “T” and fare is calculated per taxi so in some cases, with a small group it is cheaper to take a taxi rather than a bus.
Weather in Vanuatu
Why we love it!
Mount Yasur is an active volcano on the island of Tanna where you can stand at the crater’s edge and watch as the lava dances like fireworks across the sky. Access to the 400 metre wide rim of the crater is by foot but local guides run volcano tours and can drive you close enough to feel the heat.
Whatever island you find yourself on, getting into the water with your snorkel is a must. Some of the highlights include the islands off Efate – Lelepa, Tranquillity, Pele and Hideaway Island. There are also glass bottom boats and cruises to help you get closer to the marine life.
Relax on the beach, by the pool, at a blue hole, or by the ocean in a waterfront restaurant. When you’re in Vanuatu, you can put yourself on Aelan time and enjoy not having to be anywhere other than right where you are. With so much to keep you busy, make sure to schedule some time to unwind.
These naturally formed pools are surrounded by dense jungle and a swim here is next-level refreshing. Make your way up to the very top of the cascades, spurred on by the roaring sound of the waterfall and the spray of the water on your face as you inch as close to the waterfall as you dare.
Each island centre has it own central marketplace, where fresh fruit and vegetables are sold. Agriculture is the mainstay of many local families and they bring their produce into the markets each day. The mamas spend their time gossiping and laughing. You will feel part of the scene when you visit.
House Blong Handikraft market is the place to go for genuine handmade island goods. Take in the vibes at the busy market as the ladies laugh and chat away while working. All the money you spend here goes straight back to Vanuatu’s villages and helps keep the island economy going.
With tropical rainforest and picturesque coastline waiting around every corner, you’ll need to set aside a full day to explore all the island’s breathtaking attractions. Whether you want to lunch at a local village, snorkel at Havannah Eco Lodge or swim at Eton Beach, getting there is easy – as everything is connected by a sealed ring road.
Nobody knows how old the Giant Banyan really is, as it was already ancient when Captain Cook landed on Tanna in 1774. But it’s an amazing sight, 80 metres high and over 100 metres wide, surrounded by dangling roots that snake out into the surrounding jungle. Join a 4WD tour from Lenakel to the little village of Leitouapam – around 10 minutes away – where you’ll meet the Tannese locals who own the Giant Banyan.
The Ni-Vanuatu people are a little shy at first, but always quick to flash a smile. Make the first move and the cheekiness and laughter will burst into life. The local children – or pikininis – are curious and fearless. Just watch them triple somersault into a blue hole without a second’s thought. And once you get talking to the mamas, they’ll be only too happy to share their life experiences. If you can learn even a few words of the local language, it’s always appreciated.
Flying to Vanuatu
Vanuatu's well-situated in the south-west Pacific between Fiji and New Caledonia (each a 90 minute flight from Port Vila), with Australia and New Zealand both only 3 hours away. Because of the proximity, getting to Vanuatu is easy with direct flights from Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Auckland, Noumea, Honiara, and Nadi by various international airlines (below airline listing) including our very own national carrier. Air Vanuatu is Vanuatu's national carrier. Port Vila Airport, just 10 minutes from the centre of Port Vila and 20 minutes from the Havannah Coast, is where most visitors arrive for the first time in Vanuatu.
Entire Travel Group is celebrating 50 years of passionately delivering unique and memorable travel experiences. We are an Australian, family owned, award winning business, with a friendly team ready to match your expectations to the perfect holiday package.
Entire Travel Group used to be known by the individual brands shown in the footer of the website. The company has not changed, but we have amalgamated under one brand - Entire Travel Group.
For more details please visit - About Us | Entire Travel Group
Well, put simply - we’re famous for building things. We offer an exclusive range of pre-designed, purpose-built, independent holiday packages full of unique and memorable experiences. The packages are delivered by our global network of handpicked suppliers, who also provide on ground travel support to our clients.
Entire Travel Group is proudly Australian family owned and operated and as it stands today represents 50 years of experience, progress, and evolution. We proudly support the community with our long-term commitment to many important charity organisations. We were awarded the best operator in our class at the most recent National Travel Industry Awards.
Entire Travel Group is ATAS Accredited. ATAS, which stands for AFTA Travel Accreditation Scheme is administered by the Australian Federation of Travel Agents (AFTA). AFTA is the industry body for the Australian retail travel industry. We are also a registered member of the Council of Australian Tour Operators (CATO).
Entire Travel Group was awarded “Best Specialty Wholesaler” at the 2019 National Travel Industry Awards (NTIA), which are held annually by the Australian Federation of Travel Agents (AFTA).
The awards recognise quality and excellence in the Australian travel industry. We were extremely honoured to receive this recognition and we will continue to deliver the best service and value to our customers.
In some cases, we are the sole representative in Australia for the overseas travel operator. In other circumstances the product developed has been exclusively built for Entire Travel Group and can’t be found elsewhere.
- They are not group tours with set departures - they are pre-designed, purpose built, independent holiday packages full of unique and memorable experiences.
- Our holiday packages have been exclusively built for us in collaboration with our handpicked suppliers, who also offer full on-ground support for the clients.
- We are offering unique travel experiences which cannot be found elsewhere.
- Many packages include our “Freedom of Choice” options which allow you to tailor the holiday experience. Like a sommelier matching wine to a meal, we have used our experience to carefully select and offer the right experiences in each location.
- They include our Peace of Mind Booking Plan.
- A wide selection of our packages are compliant with the World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) Covid Safe Travels.
Our motto for Independent Holiday Packages is start your holiday when and with who you want!
Our Independent Holiday Packages are NOT group tours with set departure dates. Group Tours have specific set departure dates, and of course, you are travelling with unknown passengers in a coach. These tours are great for certain travellers and there are many reputable tour operators providing a wide range of options around the world.
At Entire Travel Group, our focus is Independent Holiday Packages. Available daily, they are pre-designed, purpose built, packaged itineraries full of memorable experiences delivered by our hand-picked local partners.
Our holidays suit every demographic, from couples to singles, to retirees to families and everyone else in between.
Of all the attributes Entire Travel Group offer - we have settled on “Experience” as the one quality we believe adds the most value to our customers. That’s how our tagline “When Experience Matters” came to life and encapsulates our business in three words, as experience does matter!
We have been operating for many years and have the experience to determine what sightseeing, duration and accommodation style makes a great itinerary. Our technology is continually enhanced, giving our team the ability to provide a great customer service experience. Our relationship with our operators is extremely strong, which ensures we are confident of the travel experience and on ground support for our clients.
For more details please visit - About Us | Entire Travel Group
Our Peace of Mind Booking Plan allows you to book with confidence in the new international travel environment. With low deposits, a cooling off period and a flexibility period where you can cancel and rebook later, we really do have you covered.
For more details please visit - Peace of Mind Booking Plan | Entire Travel Group
Look for packages with our Peace of Mind Booking Plan logo on the website.
- We understand that occasionally plans may change, so we give you the confidence to proceed with a cooling off period.
- You may cancel for any reason within 7 days, where you will receive a 100% refund of your $100 per person deposit.
For more details please visit - Peace of Mind Booking Plan | Entire Travel Group
At Entire Travel Group we understand that our customers have their own personal tastes and interests - so throughout our packages look for “Freedom of Choice” which gives you the ability to tailor your holiday from the various experiences offered on selected days. Like a sommelier matching wine to a meal, we have used our experience to carefully select and offer the right experiences in each location.
The Freedom of Choice options are included in the package price, and the price remains the same regardless of the choice you make on each day.
For more details please visit - Freedom of Choice | Entire Travel Group
Our Freedom of Choice program offers flexibility, by allowing you to choose from different options on pre-selected days in the itinerary.
- Our per person price includes one tour on each Freedom of Choice day in the itinerary.
- The price of the package remains the same regardless of the choice you make on each day.
This specially designed program allows travellers to recognise governments and companies around the world who have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols, so consumers can experience “Safe Travels”.
For more details please visit - Safe Travels Stamp | Entire Travel Group
Book Now offers you the ability to make a reservation on our website for Holiday Packages that include our Peace of Mind Booking Plan. But it’s not just a static offer – you have complete flexibility from travel dates, passenger numbers, single supplements, room upgrades, optional extras, flexible booking terms and more.
- Our team will contact our overseas suppliers and confirm all arrangements.
- A Confirmation from our reservation system will be sent in the coming days.
- The Booking Number on this confirmation supersedes the website reference.
- To confirm a booking using our on-line Book Now process, a credit card must be used to pay the refundable deposit.
- For additional payments on the booking, Entire Travel Group supports bank transfer, credit card, TravelPay B2B, PaymentGate.
- For further details please visit our Payments page.
- Entire Travel Group have partnered with TravelPay to ensure secure on-line credit card payments.
- TravelPay is a level 1 PCI DSS compliant, which gives you peace of mind that your payment card data is in safe hands.
- Entire Travel Group does not store any credit card information.
For more details please visit - Security and Compliance - TravelPay
On some Islands Holiday Packages (e.g. Fiji), it is practical to include flights, so where we have done this it is indicated by the plane icon.
However, on the majority of our Holiday Packages, we do not include international flights.
We found that many customers may prefer to:
- Travel on a specific airline of their choice
- Have the flexibility to book flights with Frequent Flyer points
- Select flight dates that may be different to our Holiday Package start/end dates
- Use a Travel Credit already held with the airline
- Use their travel agent for this service
We are able to assist with flights on any Holiday Package, so please just notify us during the Book Now process or contact our team.
If a package on our website does not include our Peace of Mind Booking Plan, it will not be available to Book Now.
Due to the boutique nature and limited capacity of some travel experiences offered, they have strict payment and cancellation policies. (e.g., a remote bear lodge in Canada with only a few cabins).
Although technically possible, we have decided that it is impractical for us to try and sell these type of travel services on-line. We believe it is important that such product is discussed, so that we can ensure these strict payment and cancellation policies are understood before we proceed with a booking.
For such product we may act as an agent only for the principal suppliers. Where we act as agent, your contract for the delivery of travel arrangements will be with the principal supplier and will be subject to their Booking Conditions.
We will advise you prior to confirming your booking if we are acting as agent and we will confirm the details of the principal supplier. Our responsibility to you where we sell travel arrangements as agent for the supplier is specified in the ‘Responsibility’ section of our Booking Conditions.
Travel insurance is strongly recommended. During the Book Now process please confirm you require assistance, and our team will be in contact with you.
Before you travel it is your responsibility to ensure you have the appropriate documentation including visas. If you are travelling on a passport other than Australian or New Zealand, you will require a permit to re-enter Australia. It is your responsibility as the traveller and/or travel booker to meet all government entry requirements.
For more information please visit - Before you travel | Entire Travel Group
Please visit the Entire Travel Group's Agent Portal. We are here to support our industry partners with a range of informative updates, marketing collateral for campaigns and a reward & recognition program.
How do I start a Booking?
- On any page that has Book Now simply follow the booking process.
- You must select the Travel Agent tick box and provide correct details.
- To confirm a booking only the refundable deposit is required.
- An agency credit card must be used for this initial payment.
For more information please visit - Contact us | Entire Travel Group