Glamorous, elegant and undeniably gorgeous, the small principality of MONACO sits on the stunning French Riviera and is known for its yacht-lined harbour, grand casinos, and the yearly Grand Prix Formula One motor race, one of the most prestigious and most important automobile races in the world. Add to all that the pleasantly warm climate that MONACO enjoys most of the year and it is not hard to see why the principality is a magnet for travellers, especially the rich and famous.
The traditional quarters of Monaco are; Monaco-Ville, La Condamine, Monte Carlo and Fontvieille. These four quarters plus Moneghetti are the five modern geographic areas in the Principality of Monaco.
Things to see and do
- Peep inside or try your luck at the legendary Casino de Monte-Carlo, Monaco’s marble-and-gold casino complex and one of the most opulent example of belle époque architecture in Europe.
- See the world’s largest cactus and succulent collection in the Jardin Exotique and wander its maze of paths, bridges and stairs.
- Get lost in the small, windy medieval lanes of Le Rocher’s old town and stronghold of the Grimaldis.
- Visit the Palais Princier de Monaco or simply the Palace, the private residence of the Grimaldi family built in the 13th Century as a fortress. Do not miss the changing of the guard that takes place at 11:55 in the morning every day.
- If you cannot witness the Formula One Grand Prix in May, you can at least walk the 3.2km circuit that is open to the public other times of the year.
- Admire the Prince’s vintage car collection - At the end of the 1950s, the car enthusiast Prince Rainier III began collecting old cars. His collection gradually grew over the years as he acquired more and more models. Wander through the collection of about 100 cars, which is open to the public.
- Visit the Oceanographic Museum; built on the side of Monaco’s legendary Rocher, the Oceanographic Museum founded by H.S.H. Prince Albert II of Monaco’s great-greatgrandfather Prince Albert I has been watching over the oceans for more than a century. The Museum is renowned throughout the world for its expertise and has more than 6,000 specimens on display.
- Enjoy a relaxing spa day at one of the many spa and wellness centres including the prestigious Thermes Marins Monte-Carlo.
- Feel like royalty! Book a minimum of 2 or 3 nights (subject to season) in one of the selected hotels in Monaco and get a *FREE Helicopter transfer(s) between Nice airport and the principality, a VIP welcome on arrival at your hotel, free entries to museums and attractions… (Exclusive to Entire Travel Group. Ask our Experts for the Passport to Monte-Carlo)
Prefer speaking on the phone?
Our Destination Experts are ready to take your call and help you plan out your perfect holiday. Let us offer you expert advice, handy tips, and friendly service.Our monaco destination experts
Some popular Monaco Packages
Discover the world’s second-smallest country, Monaco, on this 4-day packaged tour.
Luxuriate in the glamour of Monaco and its gorgeous surrounds. Ride on the jetsetting power of Saint Tropez and feel the magic of Cannes after getting a splash of dolce vita during your exciting visit to the Italian towns of Ventimiglia and San remo.
History and art lovers, this is for you. Discover the artistic side of Southern France as you visit three prominent art museums.
See the gems of the French Riviera from prestigious Cannes to medieval St-Paul-de-Vence and charming Nice with this 4-day packaged tour.