When to visit
Norway is one of the most beautiful countries in Europe making it a year-round holiday destination. The best time to visit Norway depends on the activity you want to experience.
Spring – March to May
- Spring arrives early in Southern Norway.
- In Northern Norway, spring starts usually late May or early June.
- 17 May is Norway’s Constitution Day.
Summer – June to August
- Summer temperature is usually between 25 to 30C
- Experience the midnight sun in Northern Norway (The North Cape, Bodø, Storsteinen in Tromsø or in Alta).
- Enjoy activities such as kayaking, hiking, cycling, fishing and camping.
- Celebrate Midsummer Eve with the locals on 23 June.
Autumn – September to November
- You might experience a wide range of temperature and weather type.
- Summer season may last until October, while rain turns into snow in early November.
- Temperature is usually between 0 to 10 degrees Celsius.
- Autumn is usually harvest time in Norway.
Winter – December to February
- The average temperature is -6.8 degrees Celsius.
- Experience winter activities such as skiing, sledging, snowshoeing, ice fishing, skating or a fjord cruise.
- Witness the breathtaking Northern Lights (October to March are the best months).
- Visit Christmas markets and fairs during winter season.