Walking and Cycling holidays
Walking through a new region allows you to take in every aspect of that place. You hike at your own pace, stopping when you see something truly remarkable or if you simply want to rest and recharge. With our hiking holidays, you will explore hidden places that are impossible by any other means of transportation.
Cycling is an incredible way to discover a region. You have the ability to go as far as you want, but also slow down to enjoy the special moments. With a bike, you discover places that would be otherwise impossible. These self-guided cycling trips are the best way to explore unforgettable scenery at your own pace. You have the freedom to ride where you want, how you want.
On all of our Active packages you will see a certain "Active Level". Below explains what these different levels mean for both Cycling and Walking / Hiking:
- Casual: Beginners and occasional cyclists. Easiest tours we provide. Typically flatter terrain, no notable hills or anything of a steep gradient. Average distance less than 45 km, maximum elevation less than 300m and average 3-4 hours per day.
- Hobby: Weekend riders. People with some cycling experience, rolling countryside, possible short climbs. Average distance 30-55 km, maximum elevation 300-550m and average 3-5 hours per day.
- Active: Cyclists with experience on longer rides. Hilly terrain with a reasonable amount of climbs and difficulty. Average distance 50-100 km, maximum elevation 550-1000m and average 4-6 hours per day.
- Pro: Avid cyclists, ride every week and love long and challenging rides. Dream on riding the Tour de France cols. Average distance more than 100 km, maximum elevation more than 1000m and average more than 5 hours per day.
Walking / Hiking Levels
- Casual: Beginners and occasional hikers. Typically flatter terrain with just rolling hills. Average distance less than 10 km, maximum elevation less than 150 m and average 2.5 hours per day.
- Hobby: Weekend hikers. People with some experience hiking around trails. Average distance 10 - 15 km, maximum elevation 150-300 m and average 2.5 - 3.75 hours per day.
- Active: Hikers with experience on longer hikes. Hilly terrain with some steep gradients. Average distance 11 - 18 km, maximum elevation 300-450 m and average 3.75 - 4.5 hours per day.
- Pro: Avid hikers, hike weekly and love long, tough hikes. Average distance more than 18 km, maximum elevation more than 450 m and average 4.5 - 6 hours per day.