Active Holiday Packages
Active Holiday packages offer a chance to experience new cultures, try new foods and visit new and exciting destinations all whilst doing something you love! Spending time outdoors is good for your soul, gives you a chance to reconnect and recharge. Imagine skiing the alps of New Zealand with the fresh alpine air and those breath-taking snow-capped mountains or cycling through the beautiful vineyards in Bordeaux whilst sampling fine wine. Or even walking through the medieval villages and ancient castles of Dorgogne in France. Our Active Holiday packages offer something for everyone!
Walking & Hiking HOLIDAY PACKAGES
Walking through a new region allows you to take in every aspect of that place. You hike at your own pace, stopping when you see something truly remarkable or if you simply want to rest and recharge. With our hiking holidays, you will explore hidden places that are impossible by any other means of transportation.
On all of our Walking/Hiking and Cycling packages you will see a certain "Level". Below explains what these different levels mean:
Walking & Hiking Levels
- Casual: Beginners and occasional hikers. Typically flatter terrain with just rolling hills. Average distance less than 10 km, maximum elevation less than 150 m and average 2.5 hours per day.
- Hobby: Weekend hikers. People with some experience hiking around trails. Average distance 10 - 15 km, maximum elevation 150-300 m and average 2.5 - 3.75 hours per day.
- Active: Hikers with experience on longer hikes. Hilly terrain with some steep gradients. Average distance 11 - 18 km, maximum elevation 300-450 m and average 3.75 - 4.5 hours per day.
- Pro: Avid hikers, hike weekly and love long, tough hikes. Average distance more than 18 km, maximum elevation more than 450 m and average 4.5 - 6 hours per day.
CYCLING HOLIDAY PACKAGES
Cycling is an incredible way to discover a region. You have the ability to go as far as you want, but also slow down to enjoy the special moments. With a bike, you discover places that would be otherwise impossible. These self-guided cycling trips are the best way to explore unforgettable scenery at your own pace. You have the freedom to ride where you want, how you want.
- Casual: Beginners and occasional cyclists. Easiest tours we provide. Typically flatter terrain, no notable hills or anything of a steep gradient. Average distance less than 45 km, maximum elevation less than 300m and average 3-4 hours per day.
- Hobby: Weekend riders. People with some cycling experience, rolling countryside, possible short climbs. Average distance 30-55 km, maximum elevation 300-550m and average 3-5 hours per day.
- Active: Cyclists with experience on longer rides. Hilly terrain with a reasonable amount of climbs and difficulty. Average distance 50-100 km, maximum elevation 550-1000m and average 4-6 hours per day.
- Pro: Avid cyclists, ride every week and love long and challenging rides. Dream on riding the Tour de France cols. Average distance more than 100 km, maximum elevation more than 1000m and average more than 5 hours per day.
Ski & Snowboarding holiday packages
Make the most of your holiday by spending your days skiing or snowboarding at some of the worlds most famous ski resorts. There's no better feeling than spending a full day on the slopes and coming back to your accommodation to enjoy some hot mulled wine and delicious food whist taking in the scenery of an exciting new destination. If you have never skied before but have always wanted to try it out, why not check out our beginner ski packages in Queenstown, New Zealand. These packages allow you to learn to navigate the slopes whilst allowing for time to enjoy some of the best activities in the area. Or you may be a seasoned skier/snowboarder and want to maximize the time on the sloops, we have packages for everyone!