Located northwest of the Maldives atoll chain, the Baa Atoll is designated a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, an indication of the rich biodiversity of Maldives. Baa Atoll consists of 75 islands of which 13 are inhabited while the remaining 57 islands are uninhabited.
Baa Atoll is known as one of the best diving and snorkeling destinations in Maldives. It is home to the famous Hanifaru Bay, a must-visit if you love snorkeling with manta rays and whale sharks.
When to visit
The Maldives enjoys a warm tropical climate making it a year-round destination. Temperature ranges between 23° to 32°C. Monsoon season (southwest) is between May to December.
- See the largest gatherings of manta rays worldwide in Hanifaru Bay.
- Feel the beach vibe and party it up on Finolhu Island.
- Take on an exciting and challenging dive at Baiypolhi Mas and meet the resident batfish and sharks.
- Explore the submerged pinnacles and overhangs of the mysterious Rainbow Caves.
- Conquer the narrow swim-through at Dhonfanu Thila.
- Hunt for exquisite lacquered wooden boxes in Thulhaadhoo.