North Malé Atoll
Male, the island capital of the Maldives, is situated on the southern end of the North Male atoll, a short Dhoni or speedboat ride from the Male International Airport (Velana International Airport). Beautiful white sand beaches, superb dive sites highlighted by colourful corals and deep wrecks, and the high concentration of resorts, hotels and restaurants make North Male Atoll a favourite among first time visitors.
Surfing is also a major draw, specially from April to August when the atoll’s waves are at their best. Intermediate and advanced surfers take their pick from the great range of left and right breaks found in the atoll, including the well-known Pasta Point and Lohis.
- Plunge into Maldives astounding underwater world at the protected marine area of Banana Reef, the first dive site discovered in the archipelago and one of the most popular.
- Check out the black coral trees that fill the 25-metre deep cave at Kuda Haa's northern end.
- Brave the deep and marvel at the coral-encrusted wrecks of SS Seagull, Erlangen and Lady Christine hidden on the reefs of Gaafaru Falhu.
- Swim with the majestic manta rays of Manta Point.
- See the Maldives Victory Wreck, the remains of the 328-ft long Singaporean cargo ship that sunk in 1981.
Prefer speaking on the phone?
Our Destination Experts are ready to take your call and help you plan out your perfect holiday. Let us offer you expert advice, handy tips, and friendly service.Meet our maldives destination experts
Some popular North Malé Atoll Packages
Experience the ultimate Maldivian holiday at the exceptional Adaaran Select Hudhuran Fushi with our all-inclusive, 7-night package.
Enjoy limitless scenery of sky and sea in this 7-night luxurious holiday at the 5-star Grand Park Kodhipparu Maldives. Feel the sun from your own private terrace or cozy up in the built-in hammock just above the water. A 360° barefoot experience awaits you at Grand Park Kodhipparu.
Explore the unparalleled natural beauty and experience tropical bliss of Maldives with a 7-night stay at the award-winning, adults-only resort Centara Ras Fushi Resort & Spa, located in the North Male Atoll.