Farewell Harbour Lodge – 4-Day Package
Stay at Farewell Harbour Lodge, a West-Coast inspired waterfront retreat located in Berry Island, British Columbia.
Grizzly bear viewing excursions on river estuaries, either from a zodiac or on foot depending on the tide.
See orcas, humpback whales, and more during your marine excursion along the famous Johnstone Strait and Robson Bight Ecological Reserve.
Explore the Broughton Archipelago by sea kayak or experience 'shinrin-yoku' or nature therapy with a guided interpretive rainforest hike.
Farewell Harbour Lodge oﬀers a 4-day all-inclusive package departing daily from Alder Bay on northern Vancouver Island to Farewell Harbour and into the heart of the rainforest featuring full day wildlife excursions in search of marine mammals, bears and other wildlife.
Enjoy a seamless blend of the sea, forest, and wildlife during holiday at the rustic lodge, the perfect sanctuary to experience nature's finest experiences. From seeing Orcas jump high from the blue waters to watching grizzly bears forage for food in coastal estuaries, this wildlife vacation allows you to get closer to nature while experiencing the comfort and unique features of the lodge property. Highly raved for its land complex and floating lodge, Farewell Harbour Lodge is designed with a unique blend of natural cedar and local materials perfectly enshrined in its West Coast-inspired complex. The primary lodge building and common area features a comfortable lounge and dining room, bar and a large brick ﬁreplace surrounded by large windows and a wrap around deck boasting spectacular views of the harbour with its south and west exposure (great sunsets!). The expansive decks continue as a boardwalk along the shore, leading to eight, private oceanside suites with ensuite bathrooms.
This wildlife tour departs daily from Alder Bay.
Depart Alder Bay at 12:30 pm aboard Farewell harbour’s water taxi for a scenic 30-minute journey to Farewell Harbour Lodge. Upon arrival, you will be met by Lodge staﬀ at the dock. Check in and receive a welcome orientation and lunch.
After settling into your accommodation, join an afternoon tour in search of marine wildlife in the waters of the famous Johnstone Strait and Robson Bight Ecological Reserve. Return to the lodge by 4:30 pm. Buﬀet dinner, followed by next day activity brieﬁng. Evening presentation on some aspects of coastal ecology.
After breakfast, meet on the dock at 8 am for ﬁrst full day bear viewing adventure to one of the main grizzly viewing estuaries. The bear viewing tour takes you to one of several estuaries where you'll view either from a zodiac or on foot depending on the tide. Return by 4:30 pm. Tonight, you will enjoy buﬀet dinner followed by evening presentation on some aspects of Great Bear Rainforest, bears, whales or First Nations culture.
Have your breakfast at 7:00 am, then head onto the water at 8:00 am for your choice of another bear viewing safari or a more extensive exploration of the incredibly rich waters of Johnstone Strait and Blackﬁsh Sound. Orcas typically return to these waters mid July, although Humpbacks and other marine life can often be seen throughout the season. Return by 4:30 pm and enjoy the afternoon at leisure before dinner and evening program.
Choose from one of the following options:
- A short morning sea kayak excursion in the protected and crystalline waters near Farewell Harbour Lodge
- A marine mammal excursion
- Guided interpretive rainforest hike (forest bathing/ shinrin-yoku)
Return to the lodge for the water taxi back to Alder Bay arriving about midday. Upon arrival to Alder Bay, your tour will conclude.
per person, twin share
Signup to view brochure
- The itinerary above is a sample itinerary showing a typical 4-day tour at the lodge. The actual itinerary may vary based on guests’ interests, weather and wildlife activity. Farewell Harbour Lodge reserves the right to adjust these itineraries based on these variables.
- On arrival in Alder Bay, guests should check in at Farewell Harbour Lodge Reception. Complimentary parking is available for Farewell Harbour Lodge guests. Guests can obtain a parking pass from Reception.
- The package includes round trip water taxi transport from Alder Bay to Farewell Harbour. You will depart Alder Bay Resort at 12:30 pm via water taxi arriving at Farewell Harbour Lodge at approximately 1:00 pm. For your boat transfer to Farewell Harbour, you must check in at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time.
- The minimum age is 10 years old.
- It is recommended to arrange a pre and post accommodation in Alder Bay or Port Hardy to allow for any interruptions to the itinerary due to weather conditions.
- Guests will be required to sign a waiver release and indemnity form before joining the tour.
- The luggage capacity for each guest is 23 kg. Guests may leave excess baggage in secure storage in Alder Bay.
- Guests are asked to restrict the use of scented products and perfume while out on bear excursions.
Prefer speaking on the phone?
Our Destination Experts are ready to take your call and help you plan out your perfect holiday. Let us offer you expert advice, handy tips, and friendly service.Our canada destination experts
You might also like
Sail along the Churchill River to see beluga whales and ride a Tundra Buggy in search of polar bears and other northern wildlife.
Spend long daylight hours feasting on Banff's turquoise lakes, captivating peaks, and evergreen wilderness. Experience the power of glaciers up-close during your Ice Explorer Glacier Tour and travel along one of the most scenic highways in North America - the Icefields Parkway.
Be one with the wild with this top-rated Grizzly Bear viewing program from Great Bear Nature Tours. Experience wildlife while staying at the Great Bear Nature Lodge, a gorgeous, floating lodge nestled in British Columbia’s Great Bear Rainforest.
Embark on an adventure to discover the home of grizzly bears and other wildlife, a pristine wilderness in the Knight Inlet—a magnificent fjord in British Columbia’s coastal mountains.
Breathe in the spectacular sights of the Canadian Rocky Mountains through this 4-day getaway tour at Banff National Park.
Observe the stunning marine wildlife of Vancouver island on this exciting, 4-day package.
Fall asleep with polar bears outside your window and ride the Tundra Buggy to explore Churchill Wildlife Management Area.